Vision Statement: BETTER LIVES, STRONGER COMMUNITIES
Mission Statement: STRENGTHEN INDIVIDUALS, FAMILIES AND COMMUNITIES BY:
* Increasing safety and stability.
* Promoting self-reliance and livable income.
* Improving the health of our communities.
Our beliefs are what we cherish or hold to be true.
- Clients are the focus of everything we do
- Inter-dependence is valued, and natural support systems are essential to full, healthy functioning of all individuals
- The helping process focuses on a consumers’ strengths, interests, abilities, and competencies as a means of addressing one’s deficits, problems and areas of need.
- Human beings have the capacity to learn, grow and change.
- The consumer and staff relationship is one of collaboration, mutuality and partnership.
- Multicultural sensitivity, understanding and respect are critical to the helping process.
- Quality is important – continuous improvement and professional development is essential to success
- Staff involvement in decision-making and program service delivery is a way of life.
- Society benefits when all members are able to fully participate in their communities.
- Promotion of a healthy staff focused balance of work and family is necessary for high quality service delivery
- Collaboration with other organizations is essential
- An informed citizenry is necessary for good government
- Values that relate to one’s self: courage, self-discipline, integrity, creativity, humor, efficiency
- Values that relate to others: loyalty, generosity, empathy, honesty, adaptability, respect, empowerment, cooperation, communication
- Values that relate to the community: idealism, compassion, responsibility, balance, fairness, cultural awareness, service, collaboration, family focused
Click to download (PDF documents):
- 2014-2015 MFIP Biennial Plan
- TRAVERSE COUNTY SOCIAL SERVICES MFIP BIENNIAL SERVICE AGREEMENT PLAN PUBLIC NOTICE FOR 2016